Followers / Seguidores

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Bolero, Shrug (Made with Chain Lengths-I Love This!!);Círculo - Bolero em Crochê

This is the most unusual bolero or shrug pattern I've seen:
Círculo - Bolero em Crochê
(http://www.circulo.com.br/receitas/bolero-em-croche-297.html#.TxbD5jLTeUY.blogger)


It seems like it is fairly simple to make and I would love to give this one a try.  The webpage is in Portuguese but this is what my web browser translated into English:


The work begins with a point total chain that reaches the desired height of the work. More than 11 chains. On the way back run 5 lows, chain started in the 11th. This will form a argolinha, which already is the work-tape passes. Continues to work doing so many chains, the same number of them under until they reach the other end, already reduced by 5 points, which will run five points down at the turn of work, five chains, to pucker that will finish the work , 5 points lower, and thereafter follows the same work from previous row, until the end of the work.

Example: 1st row: 60 + 11 chain chain. 2nd row: 5 lows in the 11 th chain, 50 chains, 5 lows, 11 chains. Repeated until the end of the work, that is, until it reaches the size of the circumference of the chest. Place the ribbon on the dowel and ready. 


-------------------------------
Original text (Portuguese):

O Trabalho se inicia com um total de pontos correntinha, que atinja a altura desejada do trabalho. Mais 11 correntinhas. Na volta são executados 5 pontos baixos, iniciados na 11ª correntinha. Isto formará uma argolinha, que já será o passa-fitas do trabalho. Continua-se o trabalho fazendo tantas correntinhas, de igual número ás debaixo, até alcançar a outra extremidade, já reduzindo 5 pontos , onde serão executados 5 pontos baixo, para a virada do trabalho, 5 correntinhas, que será o biquinho de acabamento do trabalho,5 pontos baixos, e daí por diante segue-se o mesmo trabalho da carreira anterior, até o final do trabalho.

Exemplo: 1ª carreira: 60 correntinha + 11 correntinha. 2ª carreira: 5 pontos baixos na 11ª correntinha, 50 correntinhas, 5 pontos baixos, 11 correntinhas. Repete-se até o final do trabalho, ou seja, até que atinja o tamanho da circunferência do tórax. 

---------------------------------------





17 comments:

  1. absolutely love this bolero! i can't quite figure out the pattern, but maybe i should give it a try. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The crochet coming out of Brazil is marvelous (I'm assuming it's Brazil and not Portugal)! What an intriguing design! If you try this design, hope you create some instructions in English that we can follow. Not sure what "lows" are. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried it yet but it is one that hopefully, I'll be able to work on. I'll update the blog post if I can work this up. :)

      Delete
  3. I agree, very pretty, would like to make one for my daughter, but sot sure about the directions. I don't know what lows are either :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure either - that's just what my Chrome browser translated it into. Inteesting design, though. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. que hermoso, te felicitos, saludos y buen fin de semana,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Griselda, I hope to finish up my other projects so I can start on this one. )

      Delete
  6. Olá Lee Ann, tudo bom ?
    Esse trabalho ficou LINDÍSSIMO! Adorei a cor !!!!

    Bjs
    Valeria Allão

    ReplyDelete
  7. Original e muito bonito o bolero. Um modelo que vou experimentar.
    Bom fim de semana

    Abraço
    Nélia

    ReplyDelete
  8. How To
    http://www.meumundocraft.com/2011/05/agora-com-pap-bolero-em-croche-facil.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks beautiful! thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just saw this . . . has anyone figured out the pattern yet?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that you chain 60, *then chain 11 to create a loop, then slip stitch 5 (this creates the part that keeps it all together), then chain 50, slip stitch 5, chain 5 (small loop on bottom), chain 50* and repeat between the * for desired width.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sarah,
    I had kind of forgotten about this bolero post I did a long time ago and I think you have the right idea in regards to making this.

    Thanks very much for posting this information and thanks for commenting on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you! :)